Saturday, October 27, 2007

Las Aventuras de Sara la Exploradora y su Amiga Nayereh

I'm pretty late on posting this, but Nayereh and I went sky-diving last Sunday. After two failed attempts at this (for various reasons, i.e. plane needing maintenance), we were both ready to do this ish.

The two hour drive to the wondrous and magical Ridgely, Maryland (which involved real dirt roads) was not too painful. Who am I kidding? It never is with me and Nayereh in an enclosed space, chatting and giggling. Even when we got there, both of us were pretty calm and patiently listened (Nayereh listened well, me...not so much) as they explained to us what exactly we would need to do. Doing it with someone attached our backs was pretty smart seeing as it was our first time and I couldn't even remember the rules for that, haha. The sad part was when they told us we wouldn't be able to go up together because I had ordered video and that many people wouldn't fit in the
plane. We got over this pretty quickly because of the hilarity of the dork helmet I had to wear (probably because my scarf would fly off). Anyway, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. I wasn't scared until about a second before falling out and all the fear was replaced by the biggest adrenaline rush of my life. All I can do is recommend you try it. Heck, I'll go with you!



4 comments:

Pol MarĂ­as said...

Crazy iranian!
Miss you.

nay.mary.pat said...

AW YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nay.mary.pat said...

AW YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I would love to go sky diving with you! Just tell me when.- Orly