...I have been having perpetual nightmares that it is the day I am supposed to leave to come home from some foreign (always unidentifiable) land, and I cannot locate my passport. I never really have nightmares that frighten me, only ones that cause anxiety. Maybe anxiety is my own personal manifestation of fear. In which case, learning to calm down and relax would be the way to absolve myself from my fear(s). This is quite convenient, because I am already on a quest to calm myself down, for other reasons.
Yesterday Nayereh and I went to several yoga and meditation classes at Here Comes the Sun, a yoga festival put on by Health magazine in the middle of Central Park (NYC bitch!). It was the first time I had done yoga with so many people, outside. Yoga means

union. And I learned today, that while most people think it means union between mind and body, it is actually referring to the union between an individuals consciousness and the Universal Consciousness. This is actually quite hilarious, considering I have a theory in the works about each individuals ability to tap into all of the light, love, and knowledge that the universe has to offer. Perhaps yoga is the key to it all? Either way, it was an amazing experience to feel like I was a part of something much bigger than myself. It wasn't about one chump trying to stretch, it was about a thousand people, coming together to move their minds and bodies one step closer to the Universal Consciousness. I think simply by being their, and putting our hearts into this goal, almost all of us achieved new heights in our yogi experience. I am so reinforced in my belief that yoga is really something that can help people (at all walks of life) reconnect to their hearts in a way that many of us have forgotten to do. I think yoga also opens the door to a different lifestyle with more patient, soul-searching practices like meditation and focused breathing. All of these things come together to produce a person who is, generally, more in touch with themselves and experiences life with a greater sense of awareness (and even fullness).
Its nice to do things like that to remind yourself of your goals in life. We get so caught up in the day to day, its important to stand back occasionally and monitor our progress and make goals for the future.

talk about experiencing the richness of life!
2 comments:
AW YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
it sounds like you had and amazing time, i'm really glad you two went. i think it was really important and necessary for both of you to go. ♥
Post a Comment